20 January 2011

Blooper Reel #001: Brat-Bean-n-Cheese Omelet

So, every  now and then I try something new in the kitchen and it just doesn't quite work.  The idea is sound, but the execution just leaves something to be desired.  In recognition of the fact that I make mistakes I'm going to be introducing a new segment called the "Blooper Reel."  In the Blooper Reel I'm going to explain what I was trying to do and show you exactly what went wrong.

For our first Blooper we have a dish that I have attempted to make twice now.  It is rather simple: an omelet of cheese, chopped beef brat, and chili beans.  It should be quite delicious.  Actually, the failures were quite delicious.  The issue is that I can't keep the damn thing together!

Take One
Look at it.  By rights it should be delicious!

I forsee a small problem...

<vader>NooooOOOOOooooOOOOooo!</vader>

Take Two
Again, with less fillings.

Better. . . better.  Maybe. . .

Crap.
I think I either need more egg or I need to spread the egg out more on the pan. . .hm.  I'm always open to suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Try a single fold. If you put a little milk in the eggs, fork-whip until a bit frothy, get the pan real hot, pour in the eggs and immediately turn heat to low, put your fixings on one-side of the omelette, let it cook slowly (already slightly seared from very hot pan). When almost cooked to top, flip half over other - that ought to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try that next time.

    Hm. . . I could always pull an IHOP and put pancake batter in my eggs. . .

    ReplyDelete