10 February 2011

Philosophy of Food, Issue #013: Bunchity Brunch Brunch

I made brunch.  It was tasty.  I shall share my tasty with the world!

The Ingredients
-2 slices thick cut bacon.
-1 small russet potato, chopped.
-1/4 medium yellow onion, chopped.
-A couple strips of red bell pepper, chopped.
-2 eggs.
-Creole seasoning.
-Butter.

The Process
Part of a balanced. . . and cooking. . .breakfast.  Okay, I admit it.  This picture was staged.  I mean, who'd put their coffee that close to sizzling bacon?
I think I'll use a little more bell pepper next time.
Bacon is magic.
The very first thing I would do is chop up your onions, potatoes, and peppers.  Then butter a small frying pan and dump in the veggies.  Sprinkle with as much Creole seasoning as you care for.  Cook at a low-to-medium heat.  Then start frying up the bacon in a larger frying pan.  When the bacon is good and fried, pour off most of the grease and scramble up the eggs.  Sprinkle the pan with some Creole seasoning first, and sprinkle some onto the eggs once they're added to the pan for maximum seasoning.  I like to cook the eggs fast, so they're still a little bit runny on the inside.

If your timing works out anything like mine, the potatoes-onions-and-peppers should be ready at about the same time as your eggs are done.

The Results

Brunch is served!
  A delicious, classic breakfast.  There's bacon.  There's eggs.  There's something resembling home fries.  Technically, they're raw fries.  Home fries are made with par cooked potatoes, which is something I've been meaning to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment